Glossybox | January 2014

The first large difference I found in this years box, is the actual box. Glossybox have made the box.. well.. glossier! it is much wider, and has a deeper, brighter pink colour compared to my other Glossybox boxes. I'm still not too sure whether I like the new box, however it does look more expensive. I also love their new ribbons inside that wraps the tissue and products together. Much better than their previous bits of string!
Now onto the products inside the box. The first thing that jumped out at me was the Anatomicals Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer which would be great for a killer hangover, or when your eyes are looking a bit under the weather and need a quick fix. They actually look like a really nice treat, it's unfortunate that you only get two sets in the packet. I think that the Anatomicals packaging is really original, and pretty funky! I then looked at the Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream. When I first smelt it, it had no scent, but when I rubbed some onto the back of my hand, the herbal/medicinal scent blew out. Really reminds me of when you have a blocked nose and sniff some Albas Oil. Full of vitamin E, vitamin B2, and camphor, it's got some great ingredients, and is a wonderful, thick moisturiser. 
I then picked out the Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion. To be honest, I think this was a bit of a cop out, because you can get vaseline anywhere, or a body moisturiser for that matter! The only thing that made me like the fact I got it is because when I smelt it, it reminded me of my family holidays to France when I was younger! The Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash was an intriguing product to receive because I have never had something that claims to tone your body?! It smells amazing as it's full of essential oils, and can't wait to see the results (if any) after using it a few times. Last but not least is The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers. When I first read that, I thought it said scented and got very confused! Always a nice product to get because tweezers can get a bit blunt after a certain amount of time. But as far as tweezers go, I don't think these are the best I have tried, unfortunately.
I'm sorry to say, but this was a pretty disappointing box to receive. I have much higher expectations of Glossybox as I've had some pretty decent boxes in the past. Apart from the renovation of the box, there is nothing spectacularly special in this months edition.

What did you guys think of January's Glossybox?


0 comments:

Post a Comment