Stila In The Light

This is my second Stila Eye Shadow Palette - In The Light. The first one I bought was the Stila In The Know palette and I could not resist buying another one (especially when I had well too many Boots advantage points on my card!) and have no self control! The difference between the two is that this one has many more shimmery shades, and is definitely more colourful. What I mean by more colourful is the blue toned shimmery shade Night Sky is very daring for me.
Stila's packaging is always a hit and miss for me. Although I love the way the shadows come, the box isn't very sturdy, and I always worry about it getting bashed about, and the shadows all smashing! It also gets grubby very quickly, which is pretty annoying! Another infuriating fact is that my SECOND Stila eyeliner is also faulty! It won't twist up! I am not impressed because I really wanted to try this one!
Enough about the container, and onto the actual eyeshadows. I am not surprised I love this palette because I know that Stila eyeshadows are beautiful to work with, are highly pigmented, and blend like acrylic paints on a canvas. In spite of the fact that the glittery shadows are lacking in the finely milled department and have a tendency to fall down quite a bit, they do stand out and give your eyes a voluptuous look.
I'm glad that there are more lighter shades in this palette because it makes it a better everyday makeup palette. The buttery shadows stay on for a long time (probably because I always put an eyeshadow primer on underneath as I have quite oily lids, and products tend to slide around) and are very versatile in the many looks you could create - definitely the reason I prefer to buy palettes rather than many millions of single eyeshadows, and it's probably cheaper!
This palette is definitely up there with the ones I love. I honestly don't mind the overwhelming amount of glittery shadows because I will happily wear them whenever and wherever, but I know a lot of people who are not comfortable about wearing them during the day. The only downside to the palette is the fact the chunks in the glitter are so big, and have tendencies to manoeuvre onto your face! But they are problems that can be avoided, almost.
TOP:  Bare - Kitten - Bliss - Sunset - Sandstone
BOTTOM:  Bubbly - Gilded Gold - Luster - Night Sky - Ebony
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Damsel
One of my favourite everyday looks I like to make with this palette is by putting Bare all over my eyelid, and taking Bliss in the crease, making sure I blend excessively, and finally put a tiny bit of Kitten on my inner eyes, and then going in with my favourite mascara (review here). For more of a nighttime look, I'll go in with Luster all over the lid - avoiding the inner eye corner - and blend a lot of Ebony into the crease and upwards to fabricate a surreptitious feel. Then with a liquid/gel eyeliner of my choice, create a dramatic cat-eye from the inside of the eye. And again go in with a waterproof mascara.

Please, do comment below if you would like to see a look with these eyeshadows.


4 comments:

  1. I've been lusting after this palette for ages! It looks so gorgeous and the formula of the shades sound amazing. That's so unfortunate that your liner is faulty!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally worth the money! I guess it's not the end of the world - the shadows could have all been smashed and that would've been worse!!!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't sure about the packaging either when I first got this but it's not too bad. I like all the eyeshadows in the palette, especially Kitten and Bubbly to layer over the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i've definitely seen worse packaging! ooh I think I might have to try that look, sounds really nice xx

      Delete