Lily Allen Inspired Makeup

It was my flatmates birthday last week, and he decided that he wanted to go out for drinks. I found this to be the perfect opportunity to do an evening/going out makeup look for you guys, and to go crazy with it. I was inspired by the Lily Allen when she appeared on The Graham Norton Show the other week with a beautifully clear complexion, subtly filled in brows, strong eyes with a bold lip. She looked gorgeous.
She has always been an inspiration to me, ever since I was young. Her album 'Alright, Still' has always been a tribute to my childhood because, let's face it, it's an incredible album. She's an influential woman, is absolutely stunning and is not afraid to speak her mind - you can tell that by listening to the lyrics in any of her songs! I just can not describe how much I admire Lily.
Now onto how I created this look. I began by priming my skin with Benefit's the POREfessional to minimise my pores (obviously), and then buffed with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush MAC's Studio Fix Fluid into my skin to create the flawless, even base like Lily had. To cover up any redness from scarring, I used a little of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and my YSL Touche Éclat to brighten my tired eyes! To fill in my eyebrows - or lack of - I, very lightly, used the No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Matte Mocha with an angled brush so I could keep the focus on the rest of my face, and then set it with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara. To create the winged eyeliner, Topshop's Magic Liner was the tool of my choice due to its sturdy, yet thin nib. I then coated my lashes with the Body Shop's Big And Curvy mascara to intensify, and widen the eyes, along with a swipe of the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude along the waterline. To line my lips, is used the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner and then filled them in with L'Oreal's Colour Riche Lipstick in Creme De Rouge which is the perfect orange/red lipstick for this look. A bit of contouring with Benefit's Hoola bronzer, and there we have it. My take on one of Lily Allen's staple looks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment